Boy Ignores Bullies and Grows Out Hair to Donate to Kids With Cancer

Southgate Brodie likes helping others, he's doing it one lock of hair at a time.
The 9-year-old boy from Anthem Arizona, donated his hair twice to a nonprofit to helps children battling cancer.
                                                                                                                                                            Children With Hair  helps provide wigs to kids who have lost their hair due to alopecia, trichotillomania and severe burns.
a little girl posing for a picture: Brodie Southgate spent two years growing his hair out to donate to children who have lost their hair due to illness.  he said I decided to grow my hair out because I thought the children that had cancer needed hair," Brodie told InsideEdition.com. "I liked having my hair long, so I decided to donate it again for the second time."
 Brodie has been bullied by some of his classmates over his long hair, he said.
                                                                                                                                                              They thought it was crazy because I am a boy and they don't usually see boys with long hair, and they also thought I was a girl," he explained.
His dad, Ben Southgate, said Brodie hasn't let that bullying stand in the way of helping others.

Comments

Popular Posts